Meatless Monday, July 10, 2022
Cajun spiced popcorn tofu with crisp lettuce, fresh tomato and Mississippi comeback sauce on a crusty hoagie roll. Served with avocado potato salad with spring peas and herbs southern style boiled peanuts dusted with Old Bay seasoning.
- 1 pan tofu
- 1 bag lettuce
- 1 or 2 tomatoes
- 1 bag buns
- 1 container sauce
- 1 container potato salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 bag peanuts
- Simmer peanuts in a little water in a pan on the stovetop over medium low heat with a lid or in a microwave safe dish with a little water until warm.
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, bake uncovered pan for around 15 minutes or until 165 degrees.
- Slice buns part way so they are still attached along one side. They can be warmed in foil for 5 or so minutes in the oven or wrapped in a towel and microwaved until just warm.
- Slice tomato.
- Mash or dice the avocado as desired and stir into the potato salad.
- Peanuts can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Place tofu, veggies and sauce on buns. Serve sandwiches and potato salad on dinner plates.