Wholesome Humpday, July 6, 2022
Parsley, lemon and garlic marinated chicken breast on fresh local greens and crisp romaine, topped with burrata cheese, cucumber, fresh peaches, strawberries and crushed roasted sea salt pistachios, all tossed in balsamic stoneground mustard vinaigrette. Served with fresh tomato and oregano puff pastry tartlets and a Spanish olive medley appetizer.
- 1 bag chicken
- 1 bag pastry
- 1 container oregano oil
- 1 bag greens
- 1 container salad toppings
- 1 container dressing
- 1 container olives
- Juice lemon and add to bag of chicken, marinate 20 minutes to 2 hours. Chicken can be cooked 3 ways, no matter which you choose, allow chicken to cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing. If you prefer, you may cook and then cool the chicken before serving.
- Preheat oven to 400. Arrange chicken on an oiled sheet pan. Bake in the heated oven for 20-25, until the meat is at 165 or greater.
- On a charcoal or gas grill heat to medium high, around 375. Grill turning every 5-7 minutes until the meat is at 165 or greater.
- On the stove top in an oiled fry pan over medium heat flipping after caramelizing the first side, continue cooking until 165 or greater.
- Slice tomato. Take chilled pastry from the fridge and pierce several times with a fork except with in 1/2 inch of the edge. Brush with oregano oil. Bake for 15+ minutes until golden brown and edges are well puffed.
- Toss salad with fruit, vegetables, nuts and as much dressing as desired. Top with sliced chicken and burrata.
- Olives can be eaten as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Serve salad on plates or large bowls.
- Serve tartlets on a side plate.