Friday Funday, September 24, 2021
Achiote Pescado, Mahi mahi in annatto paste and wrapped in banana leaf, served with a starter of sopa de lima, a citrusy-broth tortilla soup, yellow rice and black beans and cilantro lime slaw with peppers and pepitas.
Assemblage Difficulty: 3 out of 10
- 1 pan fish
- 1 pan rice and beans
- 1 bag slaw
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag pepitas
- 1 container soup
- Preheat oven to 400. Put a tablesppon on water in with rice and recover, place into oven at the same time as the uncovered pan of fish. Bake 15-25 minutes or until internal temperature of fish is is at least 145 degrees and rice is 165.
- Alternatively, fish can be cooked on a charcoal or gas grill over medium heat. Lightly brush or spray leaves with oil and grill for about 10 minutes turning halfway through.
- Heat soup on the stove top in a sauce pan over medium until hot, at least 165 degrees.
- Toss slaw with pepitas and as much dressing as desired.
- Soup can be eaten as a starter or alongside the meal.
- Serve fish and rice and beans on dinner plates.
- Serve slaw on a separate plate or in a bowl.