Wholesome Humpday, August 4, 2021
Tender chicken in a mild curry of ginger, chile, cumin, turmeric and lime in a peanut butter tomato base with potato and fresh local summer greens. Served with fluffy couscous, a chermoula salad with cauliflower, carrot and golden raisin on fresh greens and a fresh herb dressing and flat bread.
- 1 pan curry
- 1 pan rice
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 flat bread per person
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and place covered pan of curry in oven, you can add a little water to taste to loosen up the sauce, if desired. Bake for 10 minutes then add a tablespoon of water to the couscous and recover before adding it to the oven, Continue baking both pans for 15-30 minutes or until heated thoroughly, 165 degrees. Alternatively, both can be microwaved. Just place in covered microwave safe containers and cook on regular power stirring curry and fluffing couscous with a fork every 45 seconds until an internal temperature of 165 degrees. You may also choose to heat curry in a soup pot on the stove top over medium low heat.
- Flat bread can be heated in the oven for the last couple minutes of cooking time, it can be warmed in a dry fry pan over medium heat or it can be wrapped in a towel and microwaved for a minute or until just warm or it can be heated in a dry frypan on medium heat.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- In shallow pasta dishes or on plates, divide couscous and ladel stew over the top.
- Serve bread on the side of the dinner plate or on separate plates.
- Place salad seperate plates or bowls.