Wholesome Humpday, September 23, 2020
Peruvian seasoned chicken, served with green rice & quinoa, salad with naranja vinaigrette & assorted toppings. Served with ajiaco potato soup.
Assemblage Difficulty: 4 out of 10
- 1 container salad
- 2- 2 oz. dressing
- 1 bag chicken
- 1 pan rice & quinoa
- 1 container of lima beans, corn, peppers and avocado
- 8 oz. crema
- 8 oz. salsa criolla
- 1 quart concentrated soup base
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat, once hot enough to bead up and sizzle a drop of water, add 1-2 tablespoons neutral cooking oil. Once il shimmers (not smoking) add chicken to pan careful not to add too much marinade and not to crowd the pan to ensure a good sear. Flip once first side is browned then continue cooking on other side until 165 degrees. Chicken can be heaten hot or precooked then chilled.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, add 1-2 tablespoons water to pan and recovere and place in oven for 20-30 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively grains can be eaten cold or heated in the microwzve in a compatible dish fluffing with a fork to stir every 45 seconds until 165 degrees.
- For soup, place 1 quart soup base plus 1 quart water in a sauce pan and heat over medium low heat on the stovetop until 165 degrees. Alternatively it can be heated in the microwave stirring every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Wash lettuce and cut to your preference, shreds or cubes.
- Dice avocado.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Soup should be served in a soup cup or bowl and can be eaten as an appetizer or along side the meal.
- Place quinoa rice mix in to a large bowl or plate. Top with salad, veggies and chicken, garnish with salsa criolla and crema.