Wholesome Humpday - May 27, 2020
Applewood smoked bacon wrapped individual meatloaves, green bean amandine - green beans, parmesan roasted garlic smashed red potatoes with brown ale gravy and a spinach salad with mushroom, red onion, pumpkin seed, grape tomato, shaved parmesan and a hop berry vinaigrette.
- One meatloaf and potatoes
- One container green beans
- One container gravy
- One container salad
- 4 ounces salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 400. Once up to temperature, put uncovered pan into oven. Bake for approximately an hour, until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- Heat beans in the microwave or saute in a skillet until 165 degrees.
- Heat potatoes in microwave, stirring every minute until a temperature of 165.
- Heat gravy in microwave or in a sauce pan on the stovetop, stirring frequently until 165 degrees.
- Drizzle or toss vinaigrette with salad.
- Wrap rolls in a towel and heat in microwave 30-60 seconds until just warm. Alternatively wrap in foil and warm in oven for the last five minutes of meatloaf cooking time.
- Place one meatloaf on each plate.
- Split potatoes four ways next to the meatloaf, top with gravy.
- Split beans four ways on the same plate.
- Place salad on 4 seperate plates or bowls.
Notes from Sara:
I grew up on meatloaf from a recipe my mother had kept from home ec in high school. It was a classic recipe but served in individual loaves which gives more surface area for carmelization. Chef upped the game on these ones by wrapping them in cherrywood smoked bacon!