Wholesome Humpday - March 24, 2021
Applewood smoked bacon wrapped pork tenderloin, lemon asparagus, roasted crushed red potatoes with mushroom demi glace and a salad with bleu cheese vinaigrette.
- 1 bag pork
- 1 bag asparagus
- 1 pan potatoes
- 1 pint gravy
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 350. In an oven safe skillet sear all sides of the pork over medium high heat on the stovetop. Once seared place tenderloin and covered pan of potatoes into oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature reaches 145 degrees and the potatoes reach 165. If you don't have an oven safe skillet just transfer the pork to a sheet pan before placing in the oven. Alternatively you could choose to not sear the bacon, if you like it softer, or you could choose to just broil it for a minute at the end of cooking to crisp it up. Let meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Put lemon off to the side while cooking asparagus. Place it on a sheet pan and broil it until caramelized to desired degree then flip and repeat. Alternatively you could saute the asparagus in a large fry pan over medium high heat until desired degree of doneness. Another option is that the asparagus can be roasted in the 350 degree oven on a sheet pan for 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness.
- Heat gravy in a microwave safe dish stirring every minute or in a sauce pan on the stovetop, stirring frequently until 165 degrees.
- Drizzle or toss dressing with salad.
- Divide pork, asparagus and potatoes onto dinner plates.
- Garnish asparagus with lemon.
- Pour gravy over pork and potatoes as desired.
- Place salad on seperate plates or bowls.