Wholesome Humpday, March 2, 2022
Prawns seasoned with Baja spices, served with corn tortillas with orange cilantro slaw, mango pico and avocado. Served with casamiento black beans with green rice and elote street corn salad with cotija, lime and chipotle crema.
Assemblage Difficulty: 4 out of 10
- 1 bag prawns
- 1 container pico
- 1 avocado
- 1 container elote corn salad
- 1 bag cotija
- 1 container crema
- 1 pan rice and beans
- 1 bag slaw
- 1 container dressing
- Bag tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 add 1-2 tablespoons of water to pan and recover, place covered pan in oven and cook for 15-25 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively it can be transferred to a microwave safe dish and microwaved for a couple of minutes, stirring every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat until a drop of water beads up and sizzles then add 1-2 tablespoons of a neutral cooking oil. Once oil shimmers add prawns shaking off excess marinade, careful not to crowd the pan. Flip once caramelized then continue cooking until caramelized, opaque, and at least 145 degrees.
- Warm tortillas in oven, wrapped in foil for last 10 or so minutes of rice cooking time until warm and pliable. Alternatively you can wrap them in a towel and microwave for a minute or two flipping every 30 seconds until warm and pliable.
- Slice or dice avocado.
- Toss slaw with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide tortillas on dinner plates, top with prawns, slaw, pico and avocado, garnish with a lime wedge if desired.
- Serve rice and beans dinner plate next to the tacos.
- Serve elote salad on a separate plate or in bowls. Garnish with lime, cotija and crema as desired.