Wholesome Humpday, September 16, 2020
Codfish seasoned with baja spices, served with corn tortillas, papaya salsa, avocado crema. Comes with sides of pineapple fried rice and a catalina salad.
Assemblage Difficulty: 4 out of 10
- 1 bag cod
- 1 bag of seasoning
- 16 oz. papaya salsa
- 8 oz. avocado crema
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1 pan fried rice
- 1 container of salad
- 2- 2 oz. dressing
- 1 lemon
- 1 dozen tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 add 1-2 tablespoons of water to pan and recover, place covered pan of rice in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively rice can be transferred to a microwave safe dish and microwaved for a couple of minutes, fluffing with a fork to stir every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Dry cod with paper towel and sprinkle with as much seasoning as desired.
- Heat a fry pan over medium high heat until a drop of water beads up and sizzles then add 1-2 tablespoons of a neutral cooking oil. Once oil shimmers add fish, careful not to crowd the pan.
- Warm tortillas in oven, wrapped in foil for last 10 or so minutes of rice cooking time unti warm and pliable. Alternatively you can wrap them in a towel and microwave for a minute or two flipping every 30 seconds until warm and pliable.
- Toss dressing with salad.
- Serve 3 tortillas per person on a dinner plate, top with fish, cabbage, papaya salsa and avocado crema, garnish with a lemon wedge.
- Serve rice on the dinner plate next to the tacos
- Serve Salad on a separate plate or bowl.