Meatless Monday, November 29, 2021
Pulled tender jackfruit with Carolina style mustard BBQ sauce, slaw & dill pickle chips. Served with maple bourbon baked beans & creamy avocado macaroni salad.
- 1 bag slider buns
- 1 pan BBQ jackfruit
- 1 pan baked beans
- 1 container macaroni salad
- 1 container Carolina BBQ sauce
- 1 container slaw
- 1 container dressing
- 1 container pickle chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, put covered pans into oven. Bake for 15 minutes, uncover and stir, then continue baking uncovered for 10-20 minutes or to an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Alternatively, both can be heated on the stovetop over medium low heat, stirring often until 165 degrees or in a microwave safe dish, stirring every 60 seconds until heated through.
- Split slider buns. They can be served room temperature or wrapped in foil and heated in the oven for the last ~5 minutes of cooking time or in a kitchen towel microwaving for about one minute until warm.
- Toss slaw with as much dressing as desired.
- Put pickle chips on the bottom bun, split jackfruit among the slider buns, drizzle bbq sauce over the top of the jackfruit, top with slaw then place tops onto sliders, and plate two per plate.
- Serve beans and mac salad next to sliders.