Meatless Monday - Mar 21, 2021
BBQ jackfruit and caramelized onions on slider buns with slaw, pickles and bourbon BBQ sauce. Served with classic, yet veganized, macaroni salad and Boston baked beans,.
- slider buns
- pan of BBQ Jackfruit with caramelized onion
- one container baked beans
- one container macaroni salad
- one container of bourbon bbq sauce
- one bag of dill pickle chips
- one bag of cabbage
- one container of dressing
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, put covered pan into oven. Bake for 15 minutes, uncover and stir, then continue baking uncovered for 15-25 minutes or to an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Alternatively, jackfruit can be heated on the stovetop over medium low heat, stirring often until 165 degrees or in a microwave safe dish, stirring every 60 seconds until heated through.
- Wrap slider buns in foil and heat in the oven for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking or in a kitchen towel microwaving for about one minute.
- Heat beans in a pan in a sauce pan over medium low heat with a tablespoon or two of water or in the microwave, stirring often until an internal temperature of 165.
- Put pickle chips on the bottom bun, split jackfruit among the slider buns, drizzle bbq sauce over the top of the jackfruit, top with slaw then place tops onto sliders, and plate two per plate.
- Serve beans and mac salad next to sliders.
Notes from Sara:
We are ready for warmer weather, and so is this meal... bring it on!