Meatless Monday, May 10, 2021
Start with edamame with sea salt followed by miso soup with tofu and scallion and a main course of sesame soy marinated beets, avocado, sprouts, cucumber, bell pepper and black sesame seeds on brown rice dressed with Sriracha aioli.
- 1 pan rice
- 1 container beets
- 1 bag veggies
- 1 container aioli
- 1 bag sesame seeds
- 1 container soup
- 1 bag edamame
- Preheat oven to 375. Add one tablespoon of water to pan of rice, recover and place into oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Slice or dice avocado.
- Add one (2 person kit) or two cups (4 person kit) of water to the soup, or to taste. Heat on the stovetop over medium heat in a sauce pan or in a microwave safe dish stirring every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Bring 1/8-1/4 cup water to a boil in a sauce pan, add edamame, cover and steam for 4-6 minutes until soft enough to scrape the pod between your teeth. Strain and serve.
- Edamame can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Soup can be served as a first course or alongside the meal.
- To assemble the main, use large bowls. Put rice in first then top with beets, cucumber, pepper and avocado and garnish with aioli and sesame seeds.