Friday Funday - January 29, 2021
Eight pack of beer braised pork sliders with honey dijon slaw and a tangy white bbq sauce, served with white cheddar mac and cheese. Serves four.
- 1 bag of 8 slider buns
- 1 pan pork
- 1 pan mac 'n cheese
- 1 bag corn
- 1 bag slaw
- 4 oz dressing
- 8 oz white bbq sauce
- 1 bag pickle chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, put covered pan or pork, uncovered pan of mac n cheese and a sheet pan of corn into oven for 25-40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- If more caramelization is desired from pork or macaroni, you can broil for a minute or two, making sure to watch it closely.
- Slider buns can be wrapped in foil and heated in the oven for the last 5-0 minutes of cooking time or you can wrap them in a towel and microwave one minute until just warm.
- Toss slaw with dressing.
- Split pork among the eight slider bun bottoms. Drizzle white bbq sauce over pork with a spoon, place a small pile of slaw and pickles onto pork and place tops onto sliders. Serve on dinner plates.
- Serve mac 'n cheese and corn next to sliders.
- Serve extra slaw on the side if desired.
Notes from Sara:
We went to visit some family in Alabama in 2018 and discovered white barbeque sauce. It was so good we had to bring back the recipe. A tangy aioli based sauce with horseradish and herbs and spices, it's a refreshing change up on your typical BBQ.