Wholesome Humpday - May 8, 2020
Eight pack of beer braised pork sliders with honey dijon slaw and a tangy white bbq sauce, served with white cheddar mac and cheese. Serves four.
- eight housemade spent grain pub slider buns
- aluminum tray with beer braised pork in one half, white cheddar mac 'n cheese in the other half
- one quart honey dijon slaw
- 8oz. tangy white bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 350. Once up to temperature, put covered pan into oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Take off aluminum top. Stir pork and mac 'n cheese.
- Sprinkle cheese and panko bread crumbs over mac n' cheese.
- Broil uncovered until pork is slightly crispy and mac 'n cheese gets some golden color to it.
- Split slider buns, wrap in a kitchen towel, and microwave one minute.
- Split pork among the eight slider buns.
- Drizzle white bbq sauce over buns with a spoon.
- Place a small pile of slaw on white bbq sauce.
- Place tops onto sliders, and plate two per plate.
- Serve mac 'n cheese next to sliders.
Notes from Sara:
We went to visit some family in Alabama in 2018 and discovered white barbeque sauce. It was so good we had to bring back the recipe. A tangy aioli based sauce with horseradish and herbs and spices, it's a refreshing change up on BBQ.