Meatless Monday - July 13, 2020
Build-your-own Buddha Bowl with quinoa, red lentil, broccoli, summer squash, dino kale* and garlic scapes*, avocados, spinach*, baby greens*, fava*, peas and lemon tahini tarator dressing. Served with housemade flat bread and pimento hummus.
*From our friends at Calliope Farms in West Olympia!
Pictured with the optional dessert of the week, Lemon Blueberry Cake.
- One large pan brocolli, zucchini, kale and garlic scapes
- One quart lentils and quinoa
- One container greens
- 16 ounces peas and fava beans
- 2 avocados
- 6 ounces dressing
- One lemon
- 4 flatbread
- 8 ounces hummus
- This is a truly build your own bowl. Hot, cold or a mix of the two! Here are some ways you can prepared the brocolli, squash, scapes and kale: 1. Quickly saute the pan of veggies 2. Put the pan of veggies in the oven at 425 uncovered until desired doneness 3. Microwave for a minute or two (in a microwave safe container) 4. Leave them cold
- The quinoa/lentil mix can also be served hot or cold. If you heat it, it can be in a pan on the stovetop or in a microwave oven (in a microwave safe dish) stirring every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Greens should be served cold and tossed with the dressing.
- Flatbread can be eaten cold or heated in the microwave (in a towel) or oven (in foil) at 300 for 5ish minutes until just warm.
- Ingredients should be served in 4 large bowls, but plates work fine too. The order is your choice, but I recommend the hearty vegetables on the bottom topped with the lentil/quinoa mix, then greens, peas and fava, avocado.
- Garnish with lemon.
- Serve flatbread and hummus as an appetizer or on the side.
Notes from Sara:
Chef Magana loves to play with color. If you've ever seen our rainbow boards you know what I mean. https://www.instagram.com/3magcatering/ But today we are playing with the beauty of green. We were able to procure many of the vegetables from Calliope Farms. Hope you enjoy!