Meatless Monday, October 19, 2020
Brought back by popular demand, a build-your-own Buddha bowl with maple roasted chickpeas, veggies & house-made sambal. Comes with an appetizer of pumpkin white bean hummus and corn chips. Vegan and gluten free.
- 1 pan chickpeas
- 1 pan blanched sweet potatoes
- 1 bag of salad greens
- 12 oz. goddess vinaigrette
- 1 avocado
- 1 bag cucumber slices
- 1 bag of carrot sticks
- 1 baggie pickled red onions
- 4 oz. cup sambal
- 1 baggie cashews
- 1 container hummus
- 1 bag corn chips
- This is a truly build your own bowl. Hot, cold or a mix of the two! I recommend heating the sweet potatoes by putting the pan of veggies in the oven at 425 uncovered until desired doneness or sauteeing on the stovetop over medium heat to desired doneness. They can also be served cold if you prefer. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chickpeas also can be served hot or cold. If you want them warm, place the covered pan in the oven for around 15 minutes or lightly saute over medium on the stovetop.
- Greens should be served cold and tossed with as much dressing as desired.
- Serve chips and hummus as an appetizer or on the side of the meal.
- Ingredients are best served in 4 large bowls, but plates work fine too. The order is your choice, but I recommend the sweet potatoes on the bottom topped with the salad mix, onion, cucumber, carrot and avocado.
- Garnish with chickpeas, cashews, a drizzle of extra dressing, if desired and the sambal chili paste, if you like it spicy!