Friday Funday, July 23, 2021
Tex mex spiced ground turkey with pinto beans and poblano cilantro green rice and fresh toppings. Served with street corn with cotija cheese, lime and chipotle aioli and fresh chips with roasted tomato salsa as an appetizer.
- 1 container salsa
- 1 bag chips
- 1 pan rice
- 1 pan turkey and beans
- 1 container romaine and cheese
- 1 container crema
- 1 bag corn
- 1 bag cotija
- 1 container aioli
- Preheat oven to 375. Add one or two tablespoon of water to both pans, recover and place into oven. Heat for 20-35 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Dice avocado.
- Cut lime into wedges.
- Corn can be cooked two ways:
- Turn a gas grill to medium heat or prepare a charcoal grill for low direct heat. Turn corn at 5-minute intervals, until the husks are have grill marks on all sides and kernels are shiny and swollen, 15 to 20 minutes of total grilling. Cool the corn for around 5 minutes before pulling back the husk. Sprinkle with lime, aioli and cheese as desired.
- Corn can be roasted in the oven on a sheet pan for around 20-25 minutes or until the kernels become shiny and swollen. Cool the corn for around 5 minutes before pulling back the husk. Sprinkle with lime, aioli and cheese as desired.
- Chips and salsa can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Street corn can also be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- To assemble the meal use large bowls or dinner plates. Bowl can bebuilt in anyway you prefer, but we recommend placing the rice on the bottom then topping with meat and beans, lettuce and cheese, pico, avocado and crema.