Friday Funday July 31, 2020
Eight pack of beer braised carnitas pork sliders with honey dijon slaw and a tangy white bbq sauce and dill pickle chips on house baked spent grain slider buns, served with white cheddar mac and cheese. Serves four.
- Eight housemade spent grain pub slider buns
- One pan carnitas
- One pan macaroni
- One quart honey dijon slaw
- 8 oz tangy white bbq sauce
- 8 oz dill pickle chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Once up to temperature, put covered pans into oven. Stir after 20 minutes, uncover and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. If crisp meat is desired you can broil for a couple minutes watchly closely not to burn
- To warm slider buns, wrap in foil and put in oven for last 5 minutes of cooking time. Alternatively, you can wrap in a kitchen towel and microwave until just warm, approximately one minute.
- Split pork among the eight slider buns.
- Drizzle white bbq sauce over buns with a spoon.
- Place a small pile of slaw on white bbq sauce.
- Place a couple pickle chips on top.
- Place bun tops onto sliders, and plate two per plate.
- Serve mac 'n cheese next to sliders.
- Serve left over slaw on the side.
Notes from Sara:
We went to visit some family in Alabama in 2018 and discovered white barbeque sauce. It was so good we had to bring back the recipe. A tangy aioli based sauce with horseradish and herbs and spices, it's a refreshing change up on BBQ.