Meatless Monday, November 8, 2021
Massaman is a rich yet mild fusion curry blending aspects of Thai, Malayasian and Persian cuisine. This autumn version includes creamy coconut milk, cashew and butternut squash in warm winter spices. Served with quinoa rice pilaf, sweet chile cabbage slaw with carrot and cilantro and Thai garlic bread.
- 1 pan curry
- 1 bag cashews
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag slaw
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag bread
- Preheat oven to 400, place pan or curry in oven for 10 minutes, stir and place back into oven at the same time as the pan of rice (add a tablespoon or two of water to the rice, recover) bake them for 20-30 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively Curry can be heated over medium heat on the stovetop stirring often. Or curry and rice can be transferred to compatible containers and microwaved stirring/fluffing every 60 seconds until up to temperature.
- Toss as much dressing as desired with slaw.
- Bread can be eaten at room temperature or can be heated for a minute or two in the 400 degree oven or for a couple seconds in the microwave if desired.
- Divide rice amongst dinner plates, top with curry and garnish with cashew.
- Serve slaw and bread on the side.