Meatless Monday, April 5, 2021
An Indian spiced basmati rice dish with chickpea, potato topped with cashew and a green cilantro chutney. Served with a spicy redcabbage and carrot sambharo slaw and naan flatbread.
- 1 pan chana
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag flatbread
- 1 container slaw
- 1 container dressing
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and place covered pan of chana in the oven, after 10 minutes add rice to oven with a tablespoon of water added to the pan and recover. After 20 minutes start checking temperature every 5 minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively, the rice and chicken can be microwaved. Just place in a microwave safe containers and cook on regular power fluffing rice with a fork every 45 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Flat bread can be heated 3 ways, wrapped in foil in the oven for 5+ minutes, wrapped in a towl in the microwave for 1+ minutes or in a dry fry pan over medium heat.
- Toss the slaw with as much dressing as desired, beware, it's spicy!
- Chana can be mixed together with the rice or served on top. Garnish with cashew and chutney.
- Slaw should be served in a separate plate or bowl.
- Serve naan on the side.