Meatless Monday - Oct 4, 2021
Tandoori chickpea garam masala with cauliflower, served with tumeric basmati rice with fresh peas, lentil daal and Indian flatbread.
Assemblage difficulty: 2 out of 10
- One pan curry
- One pan rice
- One container lentil daal
- One bag flat breads
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and place covered pan of curry in oven after 15 minutes add 1 TBSP water to pan of rice, cover and place in oven. Cook both pans for 20-30 more minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively, this entire meal can be microwaved. Just place in a microwave safe container and cook on regular power gently stirring every 90 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Alternatively curry can be heated in a pot on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Heat lentil daal in a sauce pan to 165 degrees. Alternatively, place lentils in a microwave safe container and cook on regular power gently stirring every 60 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Cover flat bread in a towel and microwave for a minute or two until just warm or put in oven covered in foil for the last 5 minutes of curry cooking time.
- Divide rice among wide shallow bowls or plates and top with curry.
- Place lentils on the dinner plate as well or serve in separate small bowls.
- Serve bread on the side.