Wholesome Humpday, September 30, 2020
Cherry-marinated game hens, served with wild rice pilaf, honey roasted carrots, spent grain dinner rolls and a harvest salad.
Assemblage Difficulty: 4 out of 10
- 1 pan cherry-marinated game hens
- 1 pan rice & carrots
- 1 container salad
- 4oz. dressing
- 1 bag dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 400. Game hens can be cooked in the foil pan, however we recommend oiling a sheet pan and spreading them out to achieve maximum browning.
- After 10 minutes of game hen cooking time, place covered pan of carrots and rice into the oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until everything has reached 165 degrees.
- Rolls were just baked this morning, so they are super fresh and can be eaten without warming, or they can be heated in the oven, wrapped in foil for the last 5 or so minutes of cooking time. Alternatively they can be wrapped in a towel and heated for a minute in the microwave.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Divide game hens, rice, carrots and rolls amongst dinner plates.
- Serve salad on a sperate plate or bowl.