Wholesome Humpday, May 19, 2021
Chicken stew with potato, carrot, celery, onion and peas topped with biscuity dumplings. Served with a green salad with peppers, cucumber and red onion with a dill ranch dressing and an appetizer of fresh Washington apple slices with herbed cream cheese.
- 1 pan chicken and dumplings
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 container cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 then bake, uncovered, 30 minutes (2 person meal) 40 minutes (4 person meal). Cover with tented foil and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean.
- Slice apple
- Toss the salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Apples with cream cheese can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Divide chicken and dumplings into shallow pasta bowls or onto plates, top with pork and sauce.
- Serve salad on side plates or in bowls.