Wholesome Humpday - May 13, 2020
Our Chicken Cassoulet is a white bean stew that features a whole parted chicken, mirepoix, which is the classic combo of carrot, onion and celery plus a little tomato and our house blend of the fragrant Herbs de Provence with lavender, thyme, oregano, rosemary and marjoram. Served with a fresh countryside salad with greens, beets, feta, walnuts and a lemon balsamic vinaigrette (gluten free without rolls).
- One pan Cassoulet
- Countryside Salad
- Bag of Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Four fresh baked dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, put covered pan into oven. Bake with the lid on for 20 minutes then remove the lid and cook an additional 20-30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Place rolls, wrapped in foil, in the oven for last 5 minutes of cassoulet's cooking time or microwave covered in a towel for one minute.
- Drizzle or toss salad with dressing.
- Plate cassoulet on four plates with one roll each.
- Split salad four ways in a separate plate or bowl.
Notes from Sara:
The classic comfort food of Provence. I challenged the Chef to rival the one I ate in France many years ago and he took the challenge!