Wholesome Humpday, April 27, 2022
This fresh and flavorful dish consists of za'atar seasoned chicken, garbanzo beans topped with pine nuts, toasted pita, parsley and a garlic tahini yogurt sauce. Served with lemon basmati rice with toasted sliced almond and golden raisin and a green salata baladi, tomato, cucumber, red onion on crisp greens with a lemon sumac citronette.
- 1 pan chicken and chickpeas
- 1 container sauce
- 1 bag toasted pita
- 1 bag parsley
- 1 pan rice
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 350. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to both pans, recover both pans and place into oven for 20-30 minutes until 165 degrees. Fluff rice with fork before serving. Alternatively rice can be transferred to a covered microwave safe dish, fluffing with a fork every 60 seconds until 165 degrees and chicken can be heated in a covered fry pan over medium with some oil or it can be microwave in a covered microwave safe dish with a tablespoon of water stirring every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide chicken and chickpeas onto dinner plates. Top with yogurt sauce, pita and fresh parsley.
- Divide rice onto the same dinner plates.
- Serve salad on the side on separate plates or in bowls.