Wholesome Humpday, June 16, 2021
A favorite in Egypt during Ramadan due to its super fast preparation, this fresh and flavorful dish consists of za'atar seasoned roasted and pulled chicken, garbanzo beans topped with pine nuts, toasted pita, parsley and a garlic tahini yogurt sauce. Served with lemon basmati rice with toasted sliced almond and golden raisin and a green salata baladi, tomato, cucumber, red onion on crisp greens with a lemon sumac citronette.
- 1 pan chicken and chickpeas
- 1 container sauce
- 1 bag toasted pita and pine nuts
- 1 bag parsley
- 1 pan rice
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Preheat oven to 350. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to both pans, recover both pans and place into oven for 20-30 minutes until 165 degrees. Fluff with fork before serving. Alternatively rice can be transferred to a covered microwave safe dish, fluffing with a fork every 60 seconds until 165 degrees and chicken can be heated in a covered fry pan over medium with some oil or it can be microwave in a covered microwave safe dish with a tablespoon of water stirring every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide chicken and chickpeas onto dinner plates. Top with yogurt sauce, pita and pinenuts and fresh parsley.
- Divide rice onto the same dinner plates.
- Serve salad on the side on separate plates or in bowls.