Wholesome Humpday - February 24th, 2021
A creamy mushroom, onion and garlic sauced chicken marsala with sundried tomato artichoke alfredo penne pasta, parmesan and a salad with a creamy italian vinaigrette.
- One pan chicken
- One bag pasta
- One container sauce
- One bag sundried tomato and artichoke hearts
- One container demi glace
- One container salad
- 4 ounces salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, put covered pan of chicken into oven. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, uncover then bake 20 more minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Heat alfredo sauce in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until hot or over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Sundried tomatoes and artichokes can be lightly sauteed or cooked in with the alfredo or served as just a garnish on top.
- Warm pasta in a covered microwave safe dish with a tablespoon of water strring and checking every 45 seconds until hot. Alternatively you could heat it on the stove top with the sauce.
- Heat demi glace in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until hot or over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Drizzle or toss dressing with salad.
- Toss pasta with sauce if not already cooked together, garnish with sundried tomatoes and artichokes.
- Divide chicken and pasta onto dinner plates.
- Pour demi on the chicken.
- Place salad on 4 separate plates or bowls.
Chef Magana started his career working under a well known Italian Chef in Tacoma. He learned this Sicilian recipe from him and put his own touches on it over the years. It's a favorite at many of the weddings we cater because of it's homey classic appeal to we had to offer it for one of our Wholesome Humpday meals.