Wholesome Humpday, January 19, 2022
A creamy mushroom, onion and garlic sauced chicken marsala with pesto alfredo penne pasta, parmesan crusted zucchini and a salad with a basil balsamic vinaigrette.
- One pan chicken
- One bag pasta
- One container marsala sauce
- One container pesto alfredo
- One container salad
- One container salad dressing
- One pan zucchini
- Preheat oven to 400. Once up to temperature, put uncovered pan of chicken. Bake for 10 minutes, then add uncovered pan of zucchini into oven bake 15-20 more minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. If you would like firmer zucchini or chicken they can be placed in a single layer on a lightly oiled sheet pan, and/or placed under the broiler for a minute or two after baking watching closely not to burn.
- Heat alfredo sauce over medium heat on the stovetop stirring often or in the microwave in a compatible dish stirring every 30 seconds until hot.
- Warm pasta in the sauce once it's hot.
- Heat marsala sauce over medium heat on the stovetop stirring often or in the microwave in a compatible dish stirring every 30 seconds until hot.
- Drizzle or toss as much dressing as desired with salad.
- Divide chicken, pasta and zucchini onto dinner plates.
- Pour as much marsala sauce on the chicken as desired.
- Place salad on separate plates or in bowls.
Chef Magana started his career working under a well known Italian Chef in Tacoma. He learned this Sicilian recipe from him and put his own touches on it over the years. It's a favorite at many of the weddings we cater because of it's homey classic appeal to we had to offer it for one of our Wholesome Humpday meals.