Wholesome Humpday - July 15, 2020
- One pan tamales
- One pan rice
- One quart beans
- One pint salsa
- One bag crema
- One wedge cheese
- Tamales can be reheated many ways, we recommend steaming them in a large stock pot with a steamer basket insert if you have one. For this method you heat an inch of water in the pot over medium high heat and steam the tamales in their husks for 15-20 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165. Alternatively you can microwave them in their husks and wrap them in damp paper or cotton towels turning over every 60 seconds until an internal temperature of 165.
- To heat rice, add 1-2 tablespoon water to the covered pan and put in the oven at 350 degrees for around 20 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively it can be moved to a covered microwave safe dish with 1-2 tablespoons of water, fluffing with a fork every 60 seconds until up to temperature.
- Beans can be heated in a sauce pan on the stove top until 165 degrees. Alternatively they can be moved to a covered microwave safe dish and cooked stirring every 60 seconds until up to temperature.
- Crumble cheese for garnish.
- Remove tamales from their husk and divide them, the rice and beans on to dinner plates.
- Garnish tamales with salsa, crema and cheese as desired.