Friday Funday, April 23, 2021
Herb roasted chicken with 40 cloves of garlic, a classic French inspired James Beard recipe. Served with oven roasted fingerling potatoes, charred lemon broccolini and an appetizer of baked spinach dip with fresh corn chips.
Assemblage Difficulty 3 out of 10
- one pan chicken
- one pan potatoes
- one bag broccolini
- one pan dip
- one bag chips
- Preheat oven to 350, put a couple tablespoons water in the pan of chicken and recover, place into oven for 15 minutes. At this time uncover the chicken and place back into the oven and also add the covered pan of potatoes. Bake both for 25-35 minutes until heated through and golden, 165 degrees. If crispy potatoes are desired, you can roasted them on a lightly oiled sheet pan instead for about 20 minutes.
- Spinach dip can be eaten cold if desired or it can be baked uncovered in the 350 oven for 10-15 minutes or until warm and bubbly. If extra caramelization is desired it can be broiled for a minute or two.
- Broccolini can be heated by placing under a broiler for a minute or two on each side or by placing on a sheet pan and baking about 10 minutes or by quickly sauteeing in a frypan with a little oil over medium high heat until desired degree of doneness is reached.
- Chicken, potatoes and broccolini can be served on a dinner plate.
- Dip and chips can be eaten as an appetizer or alongaide the meal.