Christmas dinner for 8, ready to heat Family Mealkit:
- Roast turkey breast with fresh sage brown ale gravy
- Pit ham with an orange pineapple marmalade
- Aged white cheddar, creme fraiche and scallion smashed potato casserole
- Wild rice dressing with house croutons, butternut squash & fresh cranberry
- Balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon & shallot
- Baby greens salad with local granny smith apple, sugar plums, walnut & blue cheese crumbles tossed in a farmhouse vinaigrette
- Freshly baked loaf of bread
- Pecan pie bars with buttery shortbread crust
Assemblage Difficulty: 2 out of 10
note: all mealkits contain everything you will need to prepare them except for salt, pepper, and cooking oil. with limited supply chains due to COVID-19, some ingredients are subject to change. meal photos are approximations, and may not reflect the actual finished product.
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, put covered pan of potatoes and covered pan of turkey with dressing into oven. Bake for 30 minutes then gently stir potatoes and remove potato lid. At this time add to oven uncovered pan of ham and uncovered pan of Brussels and bake all four pans for 35-50 minutes or until all are an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Alternatively for crispier Brussels they can be transferred to a lightly oiled sheet pan in a single layer laid flat side down. This would decrease their total cooking time by approximately 10 minutes. If you desire to crisp up any components, just place under a broiler for a minute or two, watching carefully, until desired level of caramelization is reached.
- Heat bread wrapped in a towel in the microwave for a minute or two until just warm or in the oven in foil for last 15 or so minutes of cooking time to warm through, then slice.
- Add 2-3 cups of water to gravy for desired consistency. It can be heated in a microwave safe dish stirring every 45 seconds or heated over medium heat on the stovetop stirring often until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Slice or dice apple.
- Toss or drizzle as much dressing as desired with salad and apples.
- You can serve this meal family style or divide up amongst dinner plates.
- Pour a dollop of gravy over turkey and potatoes, if desired.
- Pecan pie bars are ready to eat, just cut and serve.