Friday Funday, December 11, 2020
An Italian Seafood stew of fresh local Hama Hama clams and mussels, with prawns and cod in an aromatic tomato and white wine broth served over crushed garlic red potatoes. Comes with a fresh green salad and a loaf of bread.
- 1 pan seafood
- 1 quart cioppino
- 1 pan mashed potatoes
- 1 container salad
- 4 oz. dressing
- 1 lemon
- 1 loaf buttered bread
- Preheat oven to 375, place covered pan of potatoes in oven, bake for 15 then stir. Recover and bake for an addtional 25 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively potatoes can be transferred to a microwave safe dish and cooked stirring every 60 seconds until up to temperature.
- Bread can be heated in the foil in the oven for 10+ minutes until warmed through. Alternatively it can be removed from the foil, wrapped in a towel and microwave for a minute or two.
- Put a large pot on medium high heat, add broth and a quart of water to pot and bring to a low boil. Add seafood to pan and cover and heat on a soft boil until clams open.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Cut lemon into wedges.
- Divide potatoes into large bowls and ladle cioppino over the top. Garnish with lemon wedge. Alternatively potatoes can be served on the side.
- Serve salad in seperate plates or bowls.
- Serve bread on the side.