Wholesome Humpday, August 11, 2021
Housemade Italian sausage known as Cotechino Modena, served in a peperonata sauce made of caramelized onion & bell peppers and fresh tomato pomodoro. Served with sides of seasoned & grilled polenta triangles as well as Caesar salad with fresh croutons, shaved parmesan, lemon wedges & house dressing.
- 1 bag sausage
- 1 container peperonata sauce
- 1 container polenta triangles
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- Sausage can be reheated in several ways:
- On a medium heat gas or charcoal grill until well marked and heated through.
- On an oiled pan on the stovetop until caramelized and heated through.
- In the oven on a sheet pan until caramelized and heated through.
- Polenta can be heated on a sheet pan in the oven until warm or it can be heated over medium in an oiled frypan.
- Sauce can be heated in a sauce pan on the stovetop on medium heat or it can be transferred to a microwave safe dish and heated for a couple minutes stirring every 60 seconds.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Divide polenta and sausages onto dinner pplate and ladel sauce over the top.
- Serve salads on small plates or in bowls.