Brunch Weekend of May 21, 2021
Gruyere and Black Forrest ham and Dijon between two slices of grilled bread topped with mornay sauce and a fried egg. Served with potatoes Lyonnaise and a vanilla banana smoothie.
- One pan of sandwiches
- One container mornay
- One egg per sandwich
- One pan of potatoes
- One container smoothies
- One banana
- Sandwiches can be heated on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven for 10-20 minutes or to desired level of meltness is achieved. Alternatively they can be heated in a lightly oiled covered fry pan on low heat for a couple minutes on each side.
- Mornay can be heated over low on the stovetop in a saucepan until hot.
- Eggs can be prepared any way you like but we recommend sunny side up or basted. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a nonstick skillet over low heat until slightly shimmering. Crack eggs into the pan. For basted, cover with a tight lid. For sunny side up leave uncovered. Cook uninterrupted, until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Potatoes can be heated in the 350 oven for 15-25 minutes covered. If a crispier potato is desired place on a lightly oiled sheet pan in a single layer and turn oven temperature up to 400, cook to desired doneness.
- Smoothies are ready to drink.
- Sandwiches can be served on dinner plates. Pour morney over the sandwich then place the egg on top.
- Potatoes can be served on the same plate.
- Serve smoothie in your favorite glass. Garnish with banana if desired.