Easter Weekend Brunch, April 2-4, 2021
Easter is best started with a festive springtime brunch. We've come up with a ham and Swiss spinach puff pastry, Easter bunny red potato and carrot pancakes with Spring onion creme fraiche, asparagus mimosa (grated egg) and pepita and golden raison carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Happy Easter!
Assemblage Difficulty 2 out of 10
- one puff pastry per person
- three potato pancakes per person
- one container Spring onion creme fraiche
- one bag asparagus
- one bag grated egg
- one container mango melon salad
- one box cupcakes
- Cut 1/2 inch off the stem of your daffodils and place them in fresh water to bloom.
- Preheat oven to 350, place uncovered pan of potatoes in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through, 165 degrees and desired texture is reached. For a crisper texture lace them in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Puff pastries can be eaten cold but are delicious warmed up, 5+ minutes in the 350 oven.
- Asparagus can be roasted in a single layer in the 350 oven for 10-15 minutes until cooked through to desired doneness or it can be broiled for a couple minutes on both sides until slightly blistered or it can be sauteed in a skillet over medium high heat until desired doneness.
- On plates serve pastries and easter bunny potatoes with a dollop of spring onion creme fraiche.
- Serve asparagus on a side plate and top with a scoop of grated egg.
- Serve mango melon salad in a small bowl on the side.
- Serve cupcakes alongside the meal or at the end for dessert.