Meatless Monday, March 7, 2022
Falafel served with cucumber, grape tomato, pickled red onion and lemon tahini sauce, Turkish tabbouleh salad and roasted garlic hummus and pita bread.
- 1 container hummus
- 1 bag pita bread
- 1 pan falafel
- 1 container tabbouleh
- 1 bag cucumber and tomato
- 1 container onion
- 1 container tahini sauce
- Preheat oven to 400. Add covered pan of falafel and bake for 15-20 minutes or until 165 degrees. If a crisper falafel is desired you can remove the cover for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking or place them under the broiler for a minute or two watching carefully not to burn. Alternatively you can cook them on the stove top in a fry pan with some oil over medium heat turning often, to shorten cooking time you can cover the fry pan for a portion of the cooking time.
- Pita can be warmed for 1 minute or so in the microwave wrapped in a towel or in the oven for that last few minutes of baking time. Cut into wedges, if desired.
- Pita and hummus can be served as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- To assemble the meal, divide ingredients among shallow pasta bowls or dinner plates.