Meatless Monday, August 17, 2020
Fresh falafel with pita and a za'atar spiced tahini sauce and an assortment of garnishes. Served alongside a lemon tabbouleh salad.
Assemblage Difficulty: 2 out of 10
- 1 pan falafel
- 1 bag pita bread
- 1 container tabbouleh salad
- 8 oz. tahini sauce
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 bag red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 bag cucumber
- 1 bag feta (not vegan, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350, once up to temp add covered pan of falafel. Bake for 10-20 minutes until heated through.
- Wrap pita in foil and place in oven for last 5 minutes of cooking time. Alternatively you can wrap in a towel and microwave for 30 seconds, flip them over and continue cooking a until warm and pliable.
- Slice or dice tomatoes.
- Shred lettuce.
- Slice avocado.
- Make a sandwich by placing falafel on pita and putting desired toppings on top.
- Salad can be served on the same or a separate plate.