Meatless Mondays Farro and Sweet Potato Cabbage Rolls - June 8, 2020
- One pan cabbage rolls
- One pan saurkraut mashed potatoes
- One container extra tomato sauce
- One container gravy
- One container brocolli salad
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, put pans into oven cocvered with included lids. Bake for 25 minutes, remove lid from cabbage rolls and continue cooking approximately 20-25 more minutes until internal temperature of both reach 165 degrees. Alternatively the potatoes can be transferred to a microwave safe dish and microwaved stirring every minute until 165 degrees.
- Heat tomato sauce and gravy either in the microwave strirring every minute until 165 or on the stove top to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Split cabbage rolls onto four plates along side potatoes.
- Pour additional sauce over cabbage rolls if desired.
- Pour gravy on potatoes.
- Plate salad on 4 seperate plates or bowls.
Notes from Sara:
Cabbage rolls are one of our family traditions, we call them halupsi, and my Great Aunts would not allow anyone to make them unless the recipe was followed exactly. I never got that recipe passed to me, plus... we like to switch things up around here, so we hope you enjoy Chef Magana's vegan interpretation of this soul warming classic dish.