Wholesome Humpday, January 13, 2020
Savory filet mignon medallion skewers, served with a side of Brazilian rice, black beans & a fresh green salad.
- One pan skewers
- One pint sauce
- One pan rice
- One quart beans
- One container salad
- 4 oz dressing
We have listed three methods from which you can choose to cook your kebabs. Set the skewers out at room temperature 30 minutes before cooking. Salt and pepper the skewers to taste and/or baste with papaya sauce, if desired, right before cooking.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat (about 375 degrees F). Brush the grill grates with canola oil or coat with nonstick grill spray. Grill skewers turning the skewers every few minutes so that each side has grill marks, about 10 minutes or to an internal temperature of 130 degrees (for medium rare*). If you choose, you can baste with the sauce again in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Broiler instructions: Preheat the broiler. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil. Place the skewers in a single layer on a sheet pan. Put the pan approximately 3-4 inches under the broiler and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until well caramelized, then flip the skewers and broil on the other side for a couple more minutes until 130 degrees (for medium rare*). Broilers are very sensitive, keep a close eye on your skewers as to not let them burn. If you choose, you can baste with the sauce in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Preheat to 425, bake in a single layer in the oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping the skewers about half way through. You may need to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on your oven or broil at the end to desired caramelization is reached. Cook to 130 degrees (for medium rare*). If you choose, you can baste with the sauce in the last few minutes of cooking.
130-135= medium rare
150-155= medium well
160-165= well done
- Beans can be heated over medium heat on the stovetop in a sauce pan or a saute pan, stirring often until heated through, 165 degrees. Alternatively beans can be heated in a microwave safe container stirring every 45 seconds until 165 degress.
- Rice can be heated in the 450 oven, covered with a tablespoon of water added. Bake for 20 minutes or until 165 degress. Alternatively rice can be heated in a microwave safe container with a tablespoon of water added, fluffing with a fork every 45 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Divide skewers amongst dinner plate with a serving of rice and beans. Leftover papaya sauce can be served in small ramekins for dipping if desired.
- Serve salad on separate plates or in bowls.