Friday Funday, December 3, 2021
Start with sweet chili edamame, then move on to the main, Asian-marinated beef tenderloin with a creamy Malaysian peanut sauce for dipping. Served with coconut rice & sesame stir-fry veggies.
- 1 container edamame
- 1 pan skewers
- 1 container peanut sauce
- 1 pan rice
- 1 bag stir-fry veggies
- Edamame can be cooked in the microwave in a covered dish for 3-5 minutes or until tender, and let rest 1-2 minutes before eating. Alternatively, they can be placed in a sauce pan with a couple tablespoons of water on low heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender, let rest 1-2 minutes before eating.
- We have listed four methods from which you can choose to cook your skewers. They are listed in order of highest recommendation.
1. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat (about 375 degrees F). Brush the grill grates with cooking oil or coat with nonstick grill spray. Grill skewers turning the skewers every few minutes so that each side has grill marks, about 10 to 15 minutes, beef skewers can be cooked to a temperature of 130 for medium rare if desired*
2. Broiler instructions: Preheat the broiler. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray. Place the skewers in a single layer on a sheet pan. Put the pan approximately 4 inches under the broiler and cook for 5 minutes, then flip the skewers and broil on the other side for 5 more minutes until desired temperature*. Broilers are very sensitive, keep a close eye on your skewers as to not let them burn.
3. Heat a skillet or fry pan on medium heat, once hot add 1-2 tablespoons oil once oil shimmers add skewers careful not to crowd the pan. Cook on each side until well caramelized and skewers reach desired temperature*
4. Preheat to 425 put skewers on an oiled baking sheet in a single layer in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping the skewers about half way through. You may need to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes depending on your oven. Cool to desired temperature*
- Add 1-2 tablespoons water in rice pan, cover and bake in the 425 degree oven for 15-25 minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively the rice can be placed in a microwave safe dish with a tablespoon of water and heated fluffing every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- We recommend cooking the stir-fry veggies on the stovetop by heating a skillet or fry pan on medium heat, once hot add 1-2 tablespoons oil once oil shimmers add veggies being careful not to add any liquid that may have collected in the in the pan and saute until well caramelized. Alternatively veggies can be baked in the oven, uncovered at the same time as the rice.
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs might increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.
- Edamame can be eaten as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Divide skewers, veggies and rice amongst dinner plates.
- Divide peanut sauce into small ramekins or sauce cups for dipping the skewers.