Meatless Monday August 2, 2021
Pulled jackfruit seasoned with Chinese 5 spice, cucumber and cilantro slaw in tender butter lettuce cups with peanut and hoisin sauce for garnish. Served with coconut long grain rice and orange broccoli with tofu.
- One bag lettuce
- One pan jackfruit
- 1 container hoisin sauce
- 1 bag chopped peanuts
- One bag sliced cucumber
- One bag slaw
- One container dressing
- One pan coconut long grain And one pan broccoli for 4 person kits, one pan rice and broccoli together for 2 person kits.
- Add a couple tablespoons of water to the pan of rice then heat in the covered pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Brocolli can be cooked alongside rice in the oven. Alternatively you can put both in a microwave safe container and heat in a microwave, stirring every 60 seconds until internal temperature of 165.
- Jackfruit can be heated in the oven in a covered pan at the same time as rice is cooking for 20+ minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively it can be heated on the stovetop in a fry pan over medium heat with a table spoon or two of oil or in the microwave in a microwave safe dish.
- Toss dressing with slaw.
- Split rice and brocolli amongst four plates.
- Split jackfruit on to lettuce leaves amongst the four plates.
- Dress the cups with cucumber, slaw, peanuts and hoisin sauce.
- Serve extra slaw on the side, if desired.