Friday Funday - June 19th, 2020
Flank steak stuffed with Adam's Mushroom medley, gorgonzola, basil and spinach in a red wine pan jus served with garlic smashed potatoes, oven roasted brussels sprouts and a summer salad with candied walnuts, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes and a champagne herb vinaigrette.
Optional Dessert Pairing: Spooner Berry Farms strawberry shortcake, with housemade buttermilk drop buscuits and house whipped cream.
Assemblage Difficulty: 3 out of 10.
- One pan flank steaks
- One pan potatoes and brussels
- One pint red wine pan jus
- One container salad
- 4 ounces salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, put covered pan of potatoes and brussel sprouts into oven. Set timer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile heat a skillet over med high heat, when hot add oil, salt and pepper the steaks and sear on two sides then return to foil pan uncovered for baking. When timer goes off stir veggies, recover and then put both pans in the oven for approximately 25 minute or until steaks are 130 degrees for medium rare doneness and veggies are 165 degrees.
- Heat red wine jus in the paper cup in microwave stirring every 60 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Drizzle or toss dressing with salad.
- Divide steaks and veggies onto dinner plates.
- Pour some pan jus over steaks (and potatoes too if you like)
- Place salad on 4 seperate plates or bowls.
Stuffed flank steak is a favorite in our family but we don't make it very often because it's a little high maintenance. Chef did the hard work for this meal, and all you have to do is sear and pop it in the oven!