Meatless Monday - June 22, 2020
Tandoori chickpea garam masala with cauliflower and snap peas, basmati rice, lentil daal and chapati flat bread.
Optional dessert of the Week: Strawberry Charlotte Cake (vegetarian)
Assemblage difficulty: 2 out of 10
- One pan curry and rice
- One container lentil daal
- 4 chapati flat breads
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and place covered pan of curry and rice in oven. After 35 minutes start checking temperature every 5 to 10 minutes until 165 degrees. Alternatively, this entire meal can be microwaved. Just place in a microwave safe container and cook on regular power gently stirring every 90 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Heat lentil daal in a sauce pan to 165 degrees. Alternatively, place lentils in a microwave safe container and cook on regular power gently stirring every 60 seconds to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Cover flat bread in a towel and microwave for a minute or two until just warm or put in oven covered in foil for the last 5 minutes of curry cooking time.
- Divide curry and among four wide shallow bowls or plates.
- Place lentils in separate small bowls.
- Serve bread on the side.