Wholesome Humpday, July 21, 2021
Garlic marinated prawns in a whipped pea ricotta sauce with fresh asparagus over fettuccini. Served with classic Caesar salad with crisp romaine, house dressing, shaved parmesan and croutons and dinner rolls
- 1 bag scampi
- 1 bag noodles
- 1 pint sauce
- 1 bag salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 small bag croutons
- 1 bag rolls
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon or so of oil to the pan, when hot enough to sizzle add the asparagus, caramelize and set off to the side. Add another tablespoon or two of oil or butter and when hot add scampi. When almost done add pasta, sauce and to pan and heat through. Toss the asparagus in with the pasta. If your saute pan is not large enough you can transfer to a large pot when adding pasta and sauce.
- Toss salad with dressing and croutons.
- Heat rolls in foil in the oven at 350 for 10 or so minutes until just warm. Alternatively, wrap in a towel and microwave until just warmed through.
- Cut lemon into wedges.
- Divide pasta amongst shallow pasta bowls or plates.
- Serve bread on the side of the bowl or plate or on a separate plate.
- Serve salad in a separate bowl or plate.