Meatless Monday, March 28, 2022
Crisp breaded tofu tossed in a spicy General Tso sauce, served with jasmine rice, gai lan broccoli and a refreshing mandarin orange slaw.
- 1 pan tofu
- 1 container sauce
- 1 pan rice
- 1 pan broccoli
- 1 bag green onion
- 1 bag slaw
- 1 container dressing
- 1 bag chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 400, add a tablespoon or two of water to the rice, recover, place it and uncovered pan of tofu into oven and bake both pans 15-25 minutes or until 165 degrees. For crispier tofu lay out in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Warm sauce on the stovetop over medium heat or in the microwave in a safe dish stirring every 30 seconds until 165 degrees.
- Heat large fry pan over medium high heat, add oil. Once oil is hot add the broccoli and saute for a couple of minutes until desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Alternatively bake uncovered at same time as rice and tofu.
- Toss chow mein and as much dressing as desired with slaw.
- Toss tofu with sauce.
- Divide tofu, rice and veggies amongst dinner plates. Tofu can be served on top of the rice if desired.
- Serve slaw on the side.