Sesame soy marinated hibachi style chicken breast with spicy garlic-dijon yum yum sauce for dipping, Japanese fried rice, sauteed garlic summer squash and a creamy ginger miso slaw with black sesame.
- One pan chicken
- One bag squash
- One pan rice
- One bag slaw
- One container salad dressing
- One container yum yum sauce
- Preheat oven to 375. Put a tablespoon or two of water in the pan of rice, recover and place it as well as the covered pan of chicken in oven for 20-30 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively you can reheat chicken on a skillet on medium high heat. Once hot enough to sizzle a drop of water add 1-2 tablespoons of neutral cooking oil, once it shimmers add chicken. Once well caramelized and golden flip chicken and continue cooking until 165 degrees.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat. Once hot enough to sizzle a drop of water add 1-2 tablespoons of neutral cooking oil, once it shimmers add squash and sear until desired degree of caramelization is reached. Alternatively, squash can be cooked alongside the rice in the 375 oven on a lightly oiled sheet pan for 15-20 minutes or desired doneness flipping halfway through.
- Toss as much dressing with slaw as desired.
- Divide chicken, rice and squash onto dinner plates.
- Serve yum yum sauce cold on the side.
- Place slaw on 4 separate plates or bowls.