Friday Funday - July 3rd, 2020
Description: Seared Alaskan wild caught salmon with a chili honey garlic glaze, grilled lemon parmesan asparagus, roasted fingerling potatoes and a chipotle caesar salad with spent grain croutons and shaved parmesan.
Assemblage Difficulty: 5 out of 10.
- One pan salmon filets
- One pan potatoes
- One pan asparagus
- 8 ounces of glaze
- One container salad
- 4 ounces salad dressing
- Bag of croutons
- One bag seasoning
- One lemon
- Please read all the way through instructions before starting as some steps overlap.
- Preheat oven to 400. Once up to temperature, put covered pan of potatoes into oven (intermittently move to step next step), after 15 minutes uncover pan and add seared salmon and asparagus to oven.
- Once you put potatoes in oven place skillet over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes till drops of water sizzle and bead on the surface when you sprinkle them. When water dries pour 2 tbsp oil and swirl around the bottom of the pan to evenly coat. Oil will begin to smoke lightly after a moment or two. Season with included spice blend then place salmon fillets gently into the skillet, making sure not to crowd the pan. The fillets should not touch. Let the salmon sear for 2-3 minutes till a golden brown crust begins to form on the bottom edge of the meat.
- Pour desired amount of glaze over the top of fillets and transfer the whole skillet to the oven. Let the salmon continue roasting along with the potatoes and asparagus for another 6-10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Alternatively, if you like your asparagus a little crispier, it can be quickly broiled once the salmon and potatoes are done. Just a minute or two on each side until desired color.
- Toss the dressing with salad, cheese and croutons.
- Divide salmon and veggies onto dinner plates.
- Place salad on 4 separate plates or bowls.
- Garnish as desired with lemon. Salmon can be served with additional glaze if desired.