Wholesome Humpday - June 24th, 2020
Honey garlic roasted pork loin with a sweet and sour pineapple glaze, long grain white ric, ginger roasted snap peas and a luau salad with greens, peppers, green beans, crunchy wontons and a tropical take on vinaigrette.
- One pan pork
- One pan rice and peas
- One container salad
- One bag wontons crisps
- 4 oz salad dressing
- 8 ounces sweet and sour glaze
- Preheat oven to 375. Put a skillet over medium high heat, when hot enough for a drop of water to sizzle add 1-2 tablespoons oil to pan and sear pork loin on top and bottom for approximately 2 minutes or to a nice brown. Put back in the foil pan, pour a ouple tablespoons of sauce over the top and put in the oven uncovered once up to temperature. Roast for 20 minutes (leave in oven) and add the covered pan rice and peas. Bake for an additional 40 minutes or until roast has an internal temperature of 145 degrees and rice and peas are 165 degrees.
- Alternatively rice can be heated by putting in a microwave in a covered microwave safe covered dish and fluffing with a fork every 60 seconds until up to temperature.
- Also alternatively peas can be sauteed by putting a skillet over medium high heat, when hot enough for a drop of water to sizzle add 1 tablespoons oil to pan, add peas and flip with a spatula until desired degree of doneness.
- Let roast rest for 10 minutes then cut into one inch slices.
- Drizzle or toss dressing with salad, top with wonton crisps.
- Divide roast, rice and peas onto dinner plates.
- Top roast with a couple tablespoons of sauce.
- Place salad on 4 separate plates or bowls.