Wholesome Humpday, December 29, 2021
Savory & well seasoned housemade bratwurst served with German potato salad, sweet & sour carraway cabbage & fresh pretzel sticks with raspberry moustrada to start.
- 1 pan sausage
- 1 container German potato salad
- 1 pan cabbage
- 1 bag pretzels
- 1 container pretzel salt
- 1 container raspberry moustrada
- Cabbage can be heated in the covered pan in an oven at 375 for 20+ minutes until hot or it can be sauteed in a fry pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of oil stirring often until 165 degrees.
- Sausage can be reheated in several ways:
- On a medium heat gas or charcoal grill until well marked and heated through.
- On an oiled pan on the stovetop until caramelized and heated through.
- In the 375 oven on a sheet pan until caramelized and heated through.
- Preheat oven to 375. Place both covered pans into oven. Stir after 15 minutes, continue cooking ~10 minutes until 165 degrees.
- Pretzels come unsalted, to add salt quickly run them under water and sprinkle with salt then warm on a sheet pan in a 375 degree oven for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Pretzels can be eaten as an appetizer or alongside the meal. Serve with moustarda for dipping.
- Divide sausage, potato salad and cabbage among dinner plates.