Friday Funday - July 9, 2021
Huli huli marinated sweet and savory beer braised pulled pork shoulder with Swiss cheese, pineapple slaw and roasted garlic aioli on brioche slider buns. Served with Hawaiian macaroni salad, creamy and simple with a touch of sweetness, and an appetizer of Maui sweet onion dip with housemade potato chips.
- 1 bag slider buns
- 1 pan pork
- 1 bag slaw
- 1 container aioli
- 1 container macaroni salad
- 1 slice Swiss cheese per slider
- 1 container dip
- 1 bag chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Once up to temperature, put covered pan or pork into oven for 25-40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Alternatively pork can be heated in the microwave in a compatible covered dish stirring every 45 seconds or it can be heated on the stovetop with a touch of water in a covered pan over medium heat.
- If you prefer a crisper pork you can cook it uncovered or you can broil it for a minute or two to desired doneness with any of these methods. Watching closely not to burn.
- Slider buns can be wrapped in foil and heated in the oven for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking time or you can wrap them in a towel and microwave one minute until just warm.
- Toss slaw with as much dressing as desired.
- Dip and chips can be eaten as an appetizer or alongside the meal.
- Smear a tablespoon (or desired amount) of aioli onto slider bun tops and bottoms. Divide pork, cheese and slaw onto the buns. Serve on dinner plates.
- Serve macaroni salad next to sliders or in a separate bowl.
- Serve extra slaw on the side as well if desired.