Friday Funday, March 17, 2021
Individual Irish beef and stout pot pies serves with colcannon potatoes and a sweet and sour red cabbage salad with tart Washington Granny Smith apples.
Assemblage Difficulty 4 out of 10
- one pot pie per person
- one pan potatoes
- one bag salad
- one container dressing
- one egg
- Beat egg with 2 teaspoons water then brush pies with the egg wash and make 4 small slits on the top of the dough. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350, place pot pies on a sheet pan uncovered and at the same time place covered potatoes into oven, bake for 25-35 minutes until heated through, 165 degrees and desired degree of caramelization is reached. If at any point the crust is done but the internal temperature is not, you can cover the tops in foil. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Dice or slice apple.
- Toss cabbage with apple in as much dressing as desired.
- Pot pies and potatoes can be served on a dinner plate.
- Serve salad on a seperate plate or in a bowl