Meatless Monday, October 18, 2021
Chili with pumpkin, black bean, house made soyrizo, fire roasted tomato, corn, peppers and rich chiles and garnished with diced red onion, avocado and cilantro. Served with a dino kale harvest salad with apples, hazelnuts, scallions, cranberry vinaigrette and fresh baked jalapeno herbed corn bread.
- 1 pan chili
- 1 container cilantro
- 1 container red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 container salad
- 1 container dressing
- 1 pan cornbread
- Preheat oven to 375, place covered pan of chili into oven for 20 minutes then stir, recover and continue cookng 15-25 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively this meal can be microwaved without compromising it's quality by placing in a safe dish on regular power and stirring every 90 seconds until 165 degrees or heated in a pot over medium heat, stirring often.
- Cornbread can be heated in the covered pan in the oven for the last 5 minutes or so of cooking time or it can be eaten room temperature.
- Toss salad with as much dressing as desired.
- Diced avocado.
- Serve chili in bowls, granish with cilantro, onion and avocado as desired.
- Serve salad on separate plate or bowl.
- Serve cornbread on the side or dip into chili.