Meatless Monday July 27, 2020
Five spice jackfruit on housemade bao buns with sweet & sour hoisin sauce, cucumber, carrots, cilantro and chopped peanuts. Served with a slaw, ginger coconut long grain rice and garlic orange broccoli.
- 12 housemade bao buns
- One pan jackfruit
- 4 ounces sweet and sour hoisin sauce
- 4 ounces chopped peanuts
- One container julliene carrots
- One container sliced cucumber
- One bag cilantro
- One container slaw
- 4 ounces salad dressing
- One pan coconut long grain
- One pan garlic orange brocolli
- Add a couple tablespoons of water to the pan of rice then heat in the covered pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Brocolli can be cooked alongside rice in the oven with the pan uncovered for the last 15 minutes of cooking time. Alternatively you can put both in a microwave safe container and heat in a microwave, stirring every 60 seconds until internal temperature of 165.
- Jackfruit can be heated in the oven in a covered pan at the same time rice is cooking for 20 minutes or until 165 degrees. Alternatively it can be heated on the stovetop in a fry pan or in the microwave in a microwave safe dish.
- Warm bao buns wrapped in a towel in microwave for 30-60 seconds or until just warm.
- Toss dressing with slaw.
- Split rice and brocolli amongst four plates.
- Split jackfruit on to bao buns amongst the four plates.
- Dress the pinch buns with veggies, peanuts and hoisin sauce.
- Place slaw in seperate plates or bowls.
Notes from Sara:
Our Pastry Chef, Katie, made up some bao buns a few months ago for a Friday Funday meal and they went over very well. We have been asked to repeat that meal more than any other we've made. We decided to mix it up a bit this time though, and feature it for a Meatless Monday Meal. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!